Thursday, August 16, 2012

Used To Be a Sweet Boy (perfect playlist no.2)

the haze of the holiday is slowly wearing off as is my tan, but i am finally back home, safe in my english flat, safe and comfortable from all that is...i am listening to one of my old playlist of songs that are part of my "lifeline"(wos)...i have some iconic songs like "a day in the life", "real love", "you can't put your arms around a memory", "the only living boy in new york", "my way by sinatra", "big louise", "on days like these", "life on mars", "all in love is fair", and "now my heart is full", plus some that i feel are pure genius like "the two of us" by suede which is such a passionately melancholic song (listen until the end and here the lines "alone but not lonely" - simply brilliant), nico "afraid", "exit music"(keep breathing), and the great elvis cover "in the early morning rain and i just can't help believin"

so i tried to do a blog on creating the perfect playlists...well now the proof is in actually listening to the songs you choose which i wonder if many people ever do? These are songs that have impacted my life in times of challenge and triumph...they have been extremely reminiscent as i get older and maybe helpful as my plight has lightened and they are there for me to not forget where i come from or what i have experienced...they are like the intro time capsule to my memories and the pursuit of my dreams...forever more.

The good news is that most songs will not be the same each repeat listen, but gratefully they get to sometimes bring me back to some nostalgic memories...occasionally to a better time or place or at least a more glacier reflection.

So...how does one preserve the past and filter the future? I think that music is the remedy to actually bequeath such exorcisms...and pop song hits will come and go...but songs like "God only knows", "i want a little sugar in my bowl", "Who knows where the time goes", "the bridge", "broken stones" and "forgiven" remind me of who i was and where i cam from, and who i am now...

So lost & alone - trying to get home
the lone reindeer

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:London

No comments:

Post a Comment